Monday, October 4, 2010

A rare moment of reflection

I often wonder what keeps me going with learning Finnish. I don't even remember why I started learning it (if there was a reason at all). But thinking about it makes me really excited; I thoroughly enjoy learning it and writing in it. It makes me really happy for some reason and... I don't know, it's weird and really hard to describe. I don't know where this "obsession" comes from and I acknowledge that people think it's strange considering I've never been to Finland and I have no connection to it whatsoever, but I'm completely in love with it!

It's been around seven months of extremely sporadic "study" which mostly involved reading the occasional grammar article up until ~two weeks ago (and watching my music library fill with nearly 1300 songs - and growing), and only now I'm attempting to actually apply it, learn new vocab and maybe after exams, start reading that basic-Finnish news site.

Still, it keeps me coming back every single time even when I'm discouraged by the huge challenge ahead of me, and I earnestly hope one day I'll be fluent in it - both in writing and in speech.

...this is really lame, sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment